2011 was a very fun year for leahfinnegan.com, we did many things like go to Egypt and experiment with new ways of making coffee (we now prefer this method). We also read lots of books and watched some movies. Below find a list of the best ones.
1. And The Band Played On, by Randy Shilts. 600 pages of mastery.
2. The Devil and Sherlock Holmes, David Grann. Delicious longform candy.
3. Newjack, by Ted Conover (reread). Journalistic lesson: If a state prison system won’t give you access, become a prison guard.
4. The Looming Tower, by Lawrence Wright. Unreal.
5. Unbearable Lightness, by Portia DeRossi. The ’90s were so treacherous. (It was FREE, okay!?)
1. Splendor in the Grass. Never date a crazy oilman’s son.
2. National Geographic Explorer: Solitary Confinement. I identified with this.
3. National Geographic Explorer: North Korea. Chilling.
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!